Was going through my feeds this morning and ran across a great article on The Book Designer site about 7 Secrets to Writing Persuasive Back Cover Sales Copy, by Casey Demchak.
Although I don’t plan on doing any physical publication of my books (I just like trees too much) I think this is good advice for writing any copy about your book. His suggestions were:
- Start with a headline that makes or implies a promise.
- Make your copy “at-a-glance” friendly.
- Chose exactly the right voice.
- Create a powerful rhythm.
- Focus on what your book is about – not what happens
- Stir up human emotions.
- Leave them wanting more.
Read the article for information on working these into the copy. I also recommend adding The Book Designer to your feed list.
Okay back to editing.